14 July 2008

Apple's Customer Service

I think Apple's customer service deserves kudos.

I bought my wife an Ipod nearly 18 months ago. For a number of reasons, chiefly her using mine, we never even took it out of the box until a few weeks ago. It was defective out of the box. It was also clearly outside the one year warranty. I was hoping that I would be able to get it repaired for not too much money.

So, I called Apple's customer support. After answering lots of automated questions, I finally got to talk to a support person. After more questions and explaining my situation, they transferred me to a support manager. To my very pleasant surprise, they agreed to treat the repair as warranty replacement. I spoke to them on a Friday, had a prepaid box to return the Ipod on Monday, and received the replacement Ipod the next Friday.

Very cool, IMO.

0 Comments: