03 August 2009

Benoit Mandelbrot Fractal Art Contest 2009

Well, there you have it. The Benoit Mandelbrot Fractal Art Contest 2009 has been announced. I'm sure the critics at OT are jumping with joy at the announcement.

It looks like it is basically the same format as the previous contests with one notable exception.

2.1. Eligibility: Anyone may submit their own artwork to the contest, except selection panel members and their immediate families. (See below for a list of selection panel members.)
I'm sure OT will soon be taking credit for this change. Perhaps they deserve some credit. I certainly don't have any problem with the change. But then, I didn't really object to anyone on the panel having images included in the exhibition. Yes, this event is a contest. No, it's not the kind of contest OT wants to lead everyone to believe must be run.

Will this put an end to the seemingly endless stream of posts complaining about the contest, the ethics of the organizers and judges, rules, etc.? I hope so, but being somewhat cynical about OT, I doubt it. Though, I'll be happy to be proven wrong.

0 Comments: